Wednesday, September 17, 2008

monkeys and softball?


Wow, we are continually amazed and humbled by the enormous blessings God has been pouring on us. Matt's job has been great, he really likes the people he works with and his income has been completely supporting us so far. I graduated on September 6th and was super excited to accept a position as a nurse in a new children's clinic that is opening on October 1st. It is in Bentonville, very close to our home, and I'll have the same work hours as Matt! I am sooo excited!I have been training this week and I love it! We had a nice break before I graduated and were able to go to Destin with my family. (see picture) We didn't do anything but sleep, eat good food, and play on the beach - and we loved every minute of it). Earlier this summer we went to Tulsa and Mema Gunselman took us to the zoo! It was really hot but we saw some funny animals and this ADORABLE monkey!! He was so playful. I could have watched him all day.

The church that we found up here has been wonderful in so many ways. We have met some great friends and a few of the couples live in our neighborhood! This fall we will start a young married couple "life group" and we will focus on glorifying God through our marriages as well as serving people in need. Matt joined the church's men's softball team and has really impressed me with his athletic talent. They have games every week this fall and he really enjoys the time with the guys. One thing that I love right now is being able to step outside after dinner and enjoy the end-of-summer weather. Matt and I like to walk around barefoot and check out the yard and then take a walk around the neighborhood. Sounds very Arkansan, I know, but I love it.

3 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger kellyk said...

hey jill!! didn't know you were a blogger!:-) man you guys have done some cool stuff. how is the job going?
if you get bored sometime, here's my site. i'm a nerd and post to it all the time.
www.xanga.com/stillchubhottie

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger coffeygirlb said...

you're so purty!!!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Dan, Angelica & Jacob said...

Hey Matt & Jill, Thanks for your comment on our blog. We miss you guys and often think of you. Jill, hope you are enjoying nursing and will be ready to come help Angelica soon! Are you still involved with Roca...fundraising, planning trips, etc.? Hope to be able to see you on our next trip to Chicago. Take care,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home