Friday, June 25, 2010

a much needed vacation



We had a great time earlier this month going to Destin, FL with family! We got there just a few weeks before the oil did! The beaches were beautiful but there was a lot of algae in the water.
Most of our time was spent reading, eating, and going to the beach. We entered week 15 of the pregnancy while we were there. It was the first week that I started feeling better. I didn't get sick the entire time I was there!!







The boys enjoyed cooking shrimp and eating oysters at the house we rented. The house was just a block from the beach so it was super convenient for evening strolls. My favorite part was eating crab legs at the Crab Trap. They were so good and I ate them all! We also got to watch fireworks over the bay one night.
My dad and brother rented a scooter and a sail boat but Matt and I decided it would be best if I didn't ride either one, partly for safety reasons but mostly because I would have been nauseous. The week was just going too well to get nauseous.

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Beth Spicer said...

Jill! You look so beautiful with that tiny little belly. I'm glad you and Matt got to go on a nausea-less vacation! Hope to see you guys soon.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy and the vacation! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home